Monday, June 2, 2014

Review: Cop a Feel by Robyn Peterman


Cop a Feel
(Handcuffs and Happily Ever Afters, #3)
Robyn Peterman
June 19, 2014
eKensington

When you get time off for bad behavior, romance is the last thing on your mind--but good old-fashioned lust is a whole different story. . . 
Life undercover isn't exactly one big party--not when you're a DEA agent--but it sure beats a desk job. Except when you screw up big and someone has to go in and clean up after you. In that case, even paper-pushing sounds better than babysitting an erotic romance writer with as many enemies as there are euphemisms for "throbbing manhood." 
I've been taking down drug dealers for so long, playing bodyguard to a woman named Shoshanna Lehump sounds like nothing more than a giant pain in my ass-- and being partnered with the gorgeous egotistical jerk I never should have slept with in the first place just makes a bad situation even harder--especially when he pursues me as diligently as we're supposed to be chasing the bad guys...What's a girl have to do to get a happy ending anyway?
Laura's Review:

I had a lot of mixed emotions - even confusion - reading this book. It became almost a DNF for me. What would have been a great romance between Candy and Luke was marred by the outrageously ridiculous backdrop and secondary characters. I couldn't believe that Candy, who, being a tough, no-nonsense cop, would allow herself to be called "Candy" - and participate in the scheme created here. The whole thing felt like a big joke, and while I usually enjoy humor in my romance novels, I guess I prefer it to be a bit more subtle than the absurd slapstick found in this book. Nothing felt real - it was more like I was watching an episode of The Three Stooges - and I'm pretty sure no one ever described them as "romantic." The one redeeming factor  that kept me reading was Luke. Ah, Luke - the only character who seemed to take a very serious job and situation seriously. He was so sweet and protective that I finished the book just so I could see him get his happily-ever-after.

Cop a Feel: 2/5 stars

Note: An ecopy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange of an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment